Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ah HA!

I figured it out!

Here I've been over the last week or two, struggling with the knowledge that Wielder was not coming together and completely lost as to why! This is not a nice feeling.

It wasn't even Writer's Block--I WISH I could have blamed it on something so simple. No, the problem was much worse. I had tons of ideas, but none of them fixed the problem. I've been outlining, sketching, and discussing it with everyone I know and, finally, last night (Well, I guess this morning, actually--2 AM to be precise) I sat down with my husband and we hashed it out. At first (after an hour and half of debate), I was no closer to a solution.

And then it came...

The ending--my beloved, carefully crafted ending--had to be rewritten. I mean, toss out 90% of it and start over. Once I admitted this, I relaxed and passed out from exhaustion--only to be woken at 4 AM by my oldest toddler (spider nightmare--yuck!).

Not much sleep under my belt, but I couldn't be happier. I know what to do--such sweet words! So, there it is--not long now and this will be ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment