Friday, May 25, 2012

Next Project

While Stan is reading the Wielder, I find my self preparing to write the next book. But before I do so, I have some research to do.

Nothing too academic, of course. I find if I bury myself in facts I have a hard time jumping back into the world of fiction. No, this research is actually going to be nothing but fun.

First, I intend to interview my brother (who lived in London for two years some time ago and recently spent a few weeks there, touristing). I want to know fun things, like what does London smell like? How easy is it to get a cab, or get around without one? Where would you go for fun? What are your favorite museums?

And, of course, tell me everything about the Tower of London.

You see, Book 2 takes place mostly in the Tower and the rest is a romp around London Town. This is going to be a LOT of fun!

Also, I am in the process of creating a Character Notebook. I'll sit down with Book 1 and take thorough notes on every character, from their eye color to the their favorite color. But also I need notes on each main character's story arc.

Once I have this organized, I can begin work on Book 2.

But don't be fooled. Book 2 is already half written. It's a fun, 'keep me busy' sort of project while I wait for Stan's verdict.

Gotta keep busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment