Sunday, November 13, 2011

This is Why

A friend asked me once why I call this blog "Round about we go". If you are a writer then you already know the answer.

I actually got the title from a Milne poem, called "Busy":
"Round about, and round about, and round about I go. All around the table, the table in the nursery. Round about, and round about, and round about, and round about..." Well, you get the idea.

In my Milne book there's a cute little sketch of a toddler skipping around a table until his little legs give out and he falls down dizzy.

It's an endless cycle, this writing stuff and sometimes I feel like that dizzy little man--skipping happily in circles, and going nowhere. Thankfully, it is a happy journey to nowhere and I never give up hoping I will eventually escape the nursery.

Alas, my friends, I have not yet stopped skipping 'round my nursery table. The Wielder is in my hands once again, and in dire need of editing.

However, do not get discouraged. This time it is different. This is what I've heard called "trimming the fat". Removing all the extra info and wordy descriptions that are holding the story back. That is what Stan wants.

I am also going to spruce up the heroine and the villain. That's what I want.

Thankfully, I am well past the pregers hormone issue and writing is, once more, a pleasure. And so...

Round about, and round about, and round about, and round about I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment