Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Submission--Round 2

Well, the manuscript fell into the hands of editors at five exceptional publishing houses yesterday and now begins the big wait. Last time we sent it out we waited 2 months only to find out none of them had read it yet!

So, here we go again.

You know, the minute I found out my agent had sent it off, I just KNEW the book was garbage. I KNEW I had no business submitting anything. It didn't matter that my agent was in love with the book or that only 24 hours before I was very happy with it.

This self-doubt disease drops in every time I commit myself to something. It lasts about a day.

So now, having recovered from that temporary pity-party, the question is what to do with myself for the next few months.

First, I think I'll take a few days off and nurse this blasted cold!

Then, when I get the writing itch again (expected in the next few days) I'll begin a first draft of book 2 "The Healer". Of course this means research, outlines, character reviews, and deciding on a fabulous, irresistible beginning.

I love my job!

With luck, I might be able to get a good start on book 2 before we get the next round of replies. Heck, I might even have a full draft before we find a publisher.

The most important thing to do these next few months is keep busy and remember why I write--because I have to. I'm addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment