Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Waiting Period

Well, I've gotten the latest version of Wielder to Stan and now comes the dreaded Waiting Period.

Here's what's going to happen: Stan is going to read it and offer a few suggestions. I will adjust the manuscript accordingly and he'll send out the first round of queries. Some will be interested, some will not, and some will never reply at all. He'll send it off to the interested editors and then we wait.

It could be up to three months before we hear from anyone.

So, the big question is--what to do with my summer? According to my husband I should take a break. From what? Breathing? Eating? Writing isn't a hobby--it's a vital part of my life.

I will, however, concede that I need a break from the Holder series. Instead of working on an outline for book 2, I'm going to treat myself to one of my mystery novel concepts.

I've got an outline, a fabulous new set of characters and I'm arranging an interview with a police officer for research. Looks like it's going to be an interesting summer break!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment