Friday, January 7, 2011

Forcing the Mood

Well, sure enough Stan had some comments on the manuscript. Some I didn't agree with, but most were too good to pass up. It's not going to be a complicated edit (thank goodness!), but the work is going rather slow.

Why? A reasonable question with a strange answer. I find that most of the time I adore writing--can't live without it--but there are certain things that affect this feeling and one of them is pregnancy.

Ah ha! The truth comes out--I'm expecting my third little bundle of joy this summer!!! We are thrilled, you bet, and the timing is perfect. We just bought our first house and have settled in nicely, the kids will all be about two years apart (just what we wanted), and I'm even reasonably comfortable this time around (an absolute miracle!)

Unfortunately, something in my particular pregnancy hormone cocktail kills any desire I have to write. I CAN write, of course, (at least, I think I can...hmmm, if I can't, I don't want to know) but I find I'd rather read just now than anything else. I'm craving my book collection as much as, if not more than, chocolate or pickles.

So where does that leave my plans for The Wielder? Oh, I'll do it, never fear. It's not complicated and it's got to be done. It just might take a little longer than I'd like. Well, it's a small price to pay to add another darling to my brood!

All right, I'm off to bury myself in that manuscript. Catch you when I come up for air!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Glad you hear all's going well. Take care

    ReplyDelete