Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rewrite...again

Yes, the manuscript is being read, as we speak, by staggeringly famous publishers. And yet, I'm still editing.

I'm not waiting to hear about how it's not ready. I'm fixing it now!

Anyway, it'll give me something to do while I wait for their feedback. Yes, that's all I'm expecting at this point. I hadn't looked at the book since we sent it out a month ago and now that I'm skimming it, I see so many weak spots and characters. Why would any of them take it in this condition?

Much to do.

Mostly it's character issues. Pacing can be adjusted with editor-help. Characters are purely an author's problem. If I can't write an interesting character, I'm doomed.

So back to the drawing board. Two of the main characters need major overhauls and two of the minor ones need tightening. Fortunately, I know what I want to do with them.

Now I just have to go and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment